Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Test Your Knowledge

1. Name the only sport in which the ball is always in possession of the team on defense and the offensive team can score without touching the ball?

2. Only three words in Standard English begin with the letters "dw" and they are all common words. Name two of them.

3. Name 6 or more things that you can wear on your feet beginning with the letter "S."

4. What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?


Leave your guesses in the comments and I will post the answers in a day or two.

6 comments:

Syl said...

1. Cricket?
2. Dwayne the bathtub, I'm dwowning! (and dwarf is the third)
3. shoes socks slippers spiders sandals and slugs. But only if you work in the garden.
4. Polar ice caps. Sad but true.

That's all without Google!

Allknowingjen said...

These were my answers before reading Syl's (though I like some of hers!)

1. Baseball?
2. Dwight?
3. Shoes, socks, slippers, sandals, stickers, stockings (which are different than socks)
4. The Grand Canyon?

Allknowingjen said...

Oh wait! I want to change my answer to #2 (because my mind won't stop thinking about it)
Is one of them dweeb?

Pusher said...

1. Baseball. I probably wouldn't have guessed this one except I just came from Temp's blog.
2. dwarf, dwell (I can't come up with the third though)
3. Shoes, socks, slippers, skates, stockings ... damn, that's only five.
4. Niagara Falls

ShoNuff said...

2. Dwindle

All the others I can't add anything productive.

Anonymous said...

2. dwelling, dweomer
3. skis, slides