Several friends have mentioned to me in the past several weeks (Syl, most recently) that they have left me a message on my mobile of great importance. It is not that I don't care about you, or care about what you have to say in your message, I do...I REALLY do!
Here is the problem: I have CallVantage VoIP service at home, which we have set up to forward to our mobiles. This has two main effects.
1) If you call our home number, even if we are not at home, we usually answer.
2) If we can't answer, or let unidentified numbers go through unanswered, I get a voicemail on my mobile of the automated greeting letting me know it is a call forwarded from home.
The outcome of #2 means that I generally have upwards of 10-15 voicemails on my mobile that are just trash. So this means that I do not check that voice mailbox very often. Hence, when Syl left me a message on my mobile while I was at work on Thursday, I didn't realize it and didn't get it until Saturday night.
In know way am asking to be let off of the hook, I am a huge schlock, and know it. I just wanted to put this out there so that the important people know this and hopefully understand.
CONGRATS SYL AND CALLEIGH!
Sunday, August 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Well, I suppose we'll forgive you this time... but just 'cuz Syl's let us all know the happy news already and even posted pix. How can you be mad at anybody after looking at that angelic new face?!
Yes, go easy on Jay, all. He's told me repeatedly to call his home, not his cell.
Post a Comment