The inspection was over about two hours ago. I have been dreading the inspectors report of how well I kept up the house, the shoddiness of my DIY improvements, and all of the things I had no idea were wrong with the house. This is the worst feeling I have had through the whole process.
I mean, what if they noticed that I didn't finish all of the wiring I was going to do in the basement? What if they didn't like the fact that I didn't put a handrail on the basement steps? What if they don't like how I forgot to put in drawer stops in the kitchen cabinet I had to re-make because the new fridge is bigger than the old one? What if? What if? What if?
I think I might explode......
Wednesday, December 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Hey, at worst something might have to be fixed or you take off a bit of money. I don't think any of the things you mentioned were deal breakers. Are you getting packed up this week at all?
This scared the crap out of us too, but they didn't find anything too bad. What they asked us to fix was easy and pretty cheap, and they didn't find anything we didn't want them to. Not that we were hiding anything (legal disclaimer). Anyway, just make sure they are very specific about what they want. I actually put notes on the approval that I sent back so I was clear on what I was signing.
Post a Comment